Sunday, June 13, 2010

Black and white floral print blouse

Friday morning, my hubby looked at my new top and said  :  " This is nice, but.... you can't  wear it to work ! "

Yes, he is right,  sleeveless outfits are not allow in my working  dress code. 

" Why don't you sew another one with sleeves ? " he suggested.

" Oh , that is a good idea ! "

Yes, I wanted to  sew another similar pattern but with sleeves. One of the reason is I am not so used to  wearing sleeveless outfits.  I like to make but I may not wear.

So on that afternoon, I got into my car and drove to the fabric store, which is about 15 minutes drive from my home. Lucky me , I managed to get the same fabric and sewed the  blouse yesterday.

I know, it is nothing new, the same pattern except this one is with sleeves. But who cares, as long as I am happy and enjoyed sewing it. :)

For this blouse , I sewed two darts below the bust and another two on the back bodice. I sewed an invisible zipper below  the  left  armhole .

This time I did not use the invisible zipper foot to sew the invisible zipper. Instead I followed the tutorial Don't fear the (invisible ) zipper by Kay  Whitt in her blog Sew Serendipity. As suggested in her tutorial, I used regular zipper foot to sew it. Oh ! It really works and the end result is perfect ! Look at the picture below .


Thanks ! Kay Whitt.  Kay Whitt is a designer of sewing patterns for clothing and accessories. Do check out her blog !

I have one week holidays left. I hope I will be able to make the full use of it . I am going to sew some more new clothes. Check it out in my coming new posts ! :)

2 comments:

  1. Another nice blouse, this time with the sleeves look great on you! I esp love the silouette of the blouse, it's so flattering!

    And thanks for sharing about the invisible zipper tips. I've never sewed anything with an invisible zipper, because the term "invisible zipper" just scares me (it just seems complicated... yes, I'm a chicken!) But since I want to learn how to sew nice clothing like you, PY, I shall learn how to sew such zippers one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Amy, thank you. Your nice comments always encourages me to proceed with my sewing confidently.

    You can always try sewing clothing. In case you are not satisfied with the result, you can repurpose it, turn it into pouches, purses , patchwork and etc. Isn't it fun ?

    ReplyDelete