Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dark green dress

Hurray ! Finally I finished making another two-piece dress this morning .

Yesterday was Friday. I love Friday ! Why ? It is because we start our lessons late (at 2.25 p.m. ) every Friday. I am teaching in the afternoon session, compared with school starts at the usual 1.05 p.m. from Monday to Thursday, I have extra one hour plus to stay at home doing things that I love to do.

Why we start school late on Friday ? More than 60 % of the citizens in my country are Muslims and Friday prayer is a congregational prayer that Muslims hold every Friday afternoon. Attendance for this prayer is strictly incumbent upon all adult males. Since more that 90% of the students and teachers in my school are Muslims, so we can only start our lessons after they finished their prayers in the Mosques.

With the extra spare time I have on Friday, I managed to start sewing this dress yesterday afternoon, then continued last night and this morning. Since I used the same pattern as this one, sewing this dress was easy and fast . I am just same as many of you, always enjoying making new garments with same pattern over and over. So this is not a new pattern , same but different in colour and embroidery stitches .

Green is one of my favourite colour. I love to look at green plants and trees . In fact I planted quite a number of green plants . I enjoy looking at them everyday .

My same pattern dark green dress may be boring , but looking at the beautiful green plants brings soothing effect as well as helping us to relax mentally and phisically.So let me show you a few of my green plants . I hope you do like them too !

Hope you have a relaxing weekend !

5 comments:

  1. Hi, your blog is fantastic...... =D

    Ara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ara, thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress turned out lovely!
    Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new green dress, the design and style fits perfectly on you. And your plants are so fresh and beautiful! What's funny is that I've been in the mood of *green* lately, too, and purchased a pile of green fabrics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies.
    Amy, so glad that you like green too . Green is a beautiful colour. I guess that you are going to sew a green colour garment too. :)

    ReplyDelete