Sunday, July 11, 2010

Patchwork pincushion

I have a large amount of fabric scraps left over from sewing clothings.Using them for patchwork projects  have been my-to–do list forever.

This morning , I made a 4 in.x 4 in. patchwork pincushion.   It is made from sixteen pieces of 1.5 in. x 1.5 in. square patches  ( with 1/4  in seam allowance included) .


How many pincushions do I need ? One or two should be enoungh. I already have three, but it is such a great fun to make this cute little pincushion,  quick and easy to sew. When I could not have enough time to sew a blouse or a dress, I tend to sew some simple stuff like this.

This morning, I spent some time on cutting out many different sizes of squares from my scraps, 1 .5 in. x 1 .5 in,   2 in. x 2 in. ,  2 .5 in x 2. 5 in. ,  3in. x 3 in. , 3.5 in. x 3.5 in. and  4in. x 4 in. I put them in different boxes and intend to use them for making coasters, pincushions, pillows, pouches , drawstring bags, placemats, baskets and etc. So many things I wanted to do but  I have so little time !

Happy sewing to all of you !

3 comments:

  1. ¡cuidadooooo! el patch es adictivo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onix, You are right, it could be addictive.There are so many quilters out there, non stop making quilts. I love looking at their beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inspiring and cute creation made from fabric scraps!! Thanks for the tips about cutting out scraps into different square sizes - great idea!

    ReplyDelete