Sunday, August 8, 2010

Patchwork zipper pouch + floor seat cushion cover

Just finished  sewing a garment for myself . I  forgot to charge my camera battery so no photos taken yet.

I bought some more cotton fabric last Sunday. I decided to use them for making patchwork and  dresses for little girls.

In fact this morning I managed to cut out some squares to make a zipper pouch for myself. I was inspired by Pink Peguin . Ayumi  is so creative and all her crafts  are all so beautiful and neatly sewn ! Do check it out here .

The size of the pouch is 6.5 " x 5 ".  All the fabric are from the same type of cotton fabric but with different prints.

I made another patchwork floor seat cushion a few weeks back. It was made from 91 pieces of 2.5" square fabric scraps.

This week is a stressful week. I love my job but sometimes teaching life is tiring and stressful too. Just imagine that there are more than 40 teenegers  in some of  the classes ! Actually in some of the Chinese primary schools, the number of students are around 50 or more  per class!  Sometimes we are disappointed with the education system here but sad to say that we could not  change anything …...Oh ! this is not a nice topic to talk about , so stop here.

Anyway, nobody can completely eliminate stress from his or her  life. For me, sewing activities always brings me a state of restfulness and a boost in my feelings of joy and serenity. I just could not stop sewing every now and then !

Hope you have a relaxing weekend !

2 comments:

  1. PY, I really love your patchwork projects as much as I adore your beautifully sewn garments!

    And boy, I can hardly imagine myself managing 40+ teenagers at once! And you're so right... we can not totally eliminate all the stresses in our lives... but aren't we lucky to have such great hobby of *sewing* to release our everyday stress?

    Happy sewing and hope you are enjoying your weekend!

    nobody can completely eliminate stress from his or her life. For me, sewing activities always brings me a state of restfulness and a boost in my feelings of joy and serenity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PY,
    你的拼布小钱包做得很美!
    其实做老师真的是不容易,所以我也很佩服你回到家还能做出如此漂亮的小手工。加油!

    ReplyDelete